Today the weather was wonderful! Bright and sunny - probably about 75 degrees - and few bugs. :) I have a feeling the bugs are going to get worse.
I did get a little sick this morning - after breakfast. I think it's just due to my Doxycycline (for malaria) - I took it on an empty stomach (as I'm supposed to) but it made me feel very strange. Just like the jet-lag I had (possibly not jet lag!) So, I'm going to take it tonight - after supper. We'll see.
We visited several farms today - one had 20 cows!!! Right in the middle of the city!!! I am very impressed with the care they get - the cows get a bath everyday - twice a day when it's hot. They are so clean - they don't even smell like cows. :) We saw several today with foot and mouth - they use an antibiotic to treat the secondary infection and a disinfectent on the sores. They know to separate them from the others and most people use a vaccine to keep their cows free from it. The vaccine has to be given 4 times a year - this is all new to Holly and I, but Lawrence knows the ropes well. We won't be able to go out again until Monday - so Holly and I are going to work on a program for Lawrence for mastitis (the biggest problem according to him.)
Every morning they have a devotion at the World Concern office. This morning they sang 'Blessed Assurance' in Bangla. Though we didn't know thier words - Holly and I sang along. The women at the office are so friendly - they are teaching us Bangla and how to wear our new clothes (which are a bit cumbersome when working with cows - the scarf gets in the way!) We feel like we are dressed for church in our fancy sular camis - but today they got manure all over them, so now they can be regarded as coveralls. :) For those of you who know me, you knew I couldn't make it a day without getting dirty. :)
We are eating and sleeping well - one bonus here - it is normal and expected to play with your food. (You eat with your hands - actually JUST the right hand - I have to sit on my left one to keep from using it.) It's all good.
Well, off to bed. Thanks for reading and for praying!
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Today is one of those days I want to remember. And due to the requests that I keep blogging - I thought this venue would do just fine for r...
-
Ok, this is a technical blog. Holly and I have spent our Hartal day typing up some protocols to leave for Lawrence. Sorry for the masses -...
-
Hey there - stole the title from Holly's last email she sent out. The topics she covered included Valentine's Day, bombings, hartal...
No comments:
Post a Comment