Bangladesh Bound

Monday, January 24, 2005

The countdown continues...

So, I found out last night that I don't have to bring along a sleeping bag or a mosquito net or be wearing a long skirt upon arrival in the airport. Whew! Me and skirts are not good traveling companions! We will be provided with all of our sleeping goods (including mosquito nets) and since we are arriving at 3:30 am Dhaka time, no one will stone us for not wearing our punjabis. :) We will buy them the next day. Good to know!

Everyone at church tonight (Women's Monday night Bible Study) wished me well and God speed and safety on my endeavor. It gives me such peace to know that my prayer base is so wide and so deep. It will continue to give me peace as I am there, I'm sure.

There might be another snow storm moving through the east coast next weekend. Let's pray that Chicago goes well... My layover in London is short - in order to get us on the plane to Dhaka, we can't be late to London from Chicago!!! Pray, pray, pray!!!

Time for bed.

ps - 1) God is who He says He is. (more to come)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Geek270 said…

    Found the blog Leslie. We're going to put a link on the Church's web site as well. We're praying for you. I know the last few days are the worst. You're trying to get ready, finishing last-minute details as well as excited about going.
    -Frank

     

Post a Comment

<< Home